Founded in 1982, MEAN WELL is one of the world’s few manufacturers dedicated to standard power supply products. It is ranked the 5th in global power supply (DC output) makers according to a report by Micro Technology released in March, 2019. 99% of MEAN WELL sales are of standard power supply products sold under the MEAN WELL brand name. The other four companies’ products are ODM/OEM.
MEAN WELL has been working as a “reliable partner” with customers, suppliers, contractors, and employees to build long lasting mutual trust relationships based on the spirit of “good intentions.”
Thanks to robust partnerships with 200 plus authorized distributors around the world, MEAN WELL has been growing and getting stronger for three decades. With 2,800 employees located at its global headquarters in New Taipei Industrial Park, Taiwan, branches and sales offices at Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Suzhou in China, California USA, and Netherlands in the EU, four advanced production bases in New Taipei City (Taiwan), Tianhe District and Huadu District in Guangzhou, and Suzhou City in China, MEAN WELL had a combined revenue of USD 1,007 million in 2018.
MEAN WELL’s niche market is small or medium volume customers for industrial standard power supply products, “more variety at less volume.” As such, MEAN WELL is required to meet different power supply requirements of scores of industries with comprehensive product lines, production flexibility, planned stock, and global channels. MEAN WELL’s 10,000 plus standard models launched as of 2018, serves a wide range of industries including LED signage/lighting, industry automation/control, information/telecom/commercial, medical, transport, and green energy. With international safety regulation compliance and full-spectrum one-stop-shopping power supply solutions, MEAN WELL is helping customers cut new product development verification time and costs by entering target markets early.
Upholding the idea of “your reliable power partner” and devoted to offer the best power supply products and service, MEAN WELL is now able to provide fast, localized services around the world with its global distribution network fostered by continuous effort and hard work.
- Up to 10,000 models in 900 plus standard product series.
- Provide standard, modified and CDM (cooperate design manufacture) products.
- One stop shopping and total solutions for customers and dealers.
- Advocating total quality management (TQM).
- 100% quality control (QE, IQC, IPQC, PQA, QA) and complete production test process (Q1~Q5).
- High reliability and quality indicator—10% lower defect rate each year.
- High work efficiency and low failure costs.
- Cost reduction by economy of scale due to material standardization and integration
- 24-hour domestic and 48 hour abroad delivery from stock for 95% orders of standard products.
- Delivery big volume products in 4-5 weeks.
- Deliver customer service and technique supports in 24 hours.Average customer satisfaction tops “satisfactory” level by internal survey.
- Reliable Relationship .
- Sales with customers of account older than one decade account for 65% of total revenue.
- Average annual sales amount raises 10% each year, i.e. very strong brand loyalty.